The primary purpose of this initiative is to:
- Test the value of reward points as a call-to-action to transfer credit card balances from competitor products.
Secondary purpose is to:
- Educate cardholders on the convenience and benefits of consolidating their overall credit card balances to their credit union credit card.
- Increase overall credit card outstanding balances.
- Determine if the value of points offered will have a measurable impact on cardholder’s propensity to act or alter the value they transfer.
This campaign, structured as a Test & Learn initiative, will allow credit unions to present one of the three offers. To ensure integrity of the test, credit unions will be randomly selected to determine which offer they will be presenting to cardholders. All branches of a credit union will receive the same offer.
- Group 1: cardholders receive 500 bonus reward points
- Group 2: cardholders receive 1,000 bonus reward points
- Group 3: control group, no bonus points incentive for cardholders
Note: All branches within the same credit union as well as merged credit unions and all their respective branches will be part of the same group. The groups will be geographically diverse so that there is no cross-pollination or confusion of different offers.
|August 26, 2019 ||First bulletin to credit unions |
|August 26, 2019 ||Campaign overview and FAQs posted to Collabria Connect |
|September 3, 2019 ||Campaign Opt-out deadline |
|September 20, 2019 ||Announcement of random selection for Groups 1,2 & 3 |
|October 21, 2019 ||Digital assets delivery |
|October 21, 2019 ||Printed collateral delivered to branches |
|November 1 - 30, 2019 ||Promotional offer live in branches |
|November 1 – December 31, 2019 ||Balance transfer transaction posting period || |
September 9th Bulletin
October 29th Bulletin